One of the most noticeable benefits you will experience when receiving Reiki (or giving it to yourself as a Reiki student) is how quickly and easily a deep state of relaxation and calm occurs.
You will experience a sense of calmness, contentment and peace, which deepens throughout the treatment, surrounded by a feeling of safety and professional caring.
From this place, many experience spontaneous relaxations in the form of muscle tension release, vertebrae realignment, accelerated tissue healing, scar reduction and other forms of pain relief.
- Brain waves slow in Reiki treatments, offering you creative solutions and insights in to daily working and living.
- Relaxation and stress reduction occur promptly, usually within minutes. Your natural creativity and problem solving are enriched, learning and concentration enhanced and our memory retention improves.
- The overall quality of your life is enhanced by an increased and realistic sense of optimism and positivity.
Receiving Reiki increases your ability to spontaneously ‘let go’ at all levels – physically, mentally
and emotionally. Old habits and unconscious belief systems ‘die easy’, forgiveness comes more readily.
The Benefits of Reiki are gentle and powerful
Reiki has become mainstream – there are millions of Reiki practitioners and students around the world who recognise and acknowledge these benefits as everyday with Reiki –
- Experience the reduction of stress and pain in a single treatment
- Automatically have accelerated healing of physical tissue (body), mind (thoughts and beliefs), heart (emotions) and spirit (alignment)
- Alleviate your fatigue, energize naturally, both mentally and physically
- Increase your clarity of mind, enhance your problem solving and your memory retention
- Sustain increased feelings of self-confidence and self-esteem
- Ensure increased overall health, pain relief and well-being
- Your intuitive skills develop naturally and easily
- Your ability to communication will improve at all levels
- Notice increases creativity at all levels, in all professions (many world-famous athletes,musicians and opera singers swear by Reiki – as does Oprah
- Your mindfulness and self-awareness will increase naturally and show up in your personal and professional relationships
Reiki totally compliments, supports and enhances all orthodox and alternative medicines, therapies and practices and is equally effective for all age groups plus animals and plants.
Rest, relaxation, repair and renewal happen automatically. Without you having to do anything except rest, reiki naturally and automatically drops you into deeper alpha state of relaxation.
Memory, sleep, good decision-making, creativity and states of joy are easier to achieve with an alpha state of mind.
How does a Reiki treatment work?
Reiki is physical and spiritual well-being using the energy of nature and the power of touch.
Both hands are lightly placed on the body in hand-positions which remain stationary for 2-3 minutes per position.
The first hand-positions are generally on the head and shoulder areas,moving to the trunk and legs, the last Reiki hand position in a professional treatment is on the soles of the feet.
Your Reiki treatment will last approximately 1 to 1 1/4 hours – Reiki is always given fully clothed on a comfortable and supportive Reiki table in a clean, peaceful, quiet and professional environment.
Reiki enables your brain waves to naturally slow
Your thoughts disappear as the Reiki energy allows the mind to drop into deeper and deeper states of relaxation or alpha states.
It is in this place of relaxation that deep-seated healing occurs – at all levels, physical, mental, emotional. You may be conscious only of a deep sense of relaxation, perhaps a feeling of heaviness or sleepiness – all excellent signs your body is receiving and integrating the Reiki to your benefit.
A Reiki treatment continues for days afterwards and it is wise to take it easy, drink extra fluids to help flush the released toxins quickly from the body and eat with awareness for a day or two after your Reiki treatment.